5.5.08

The magic ski boots

I randomly went into the Portland Goodwill and stumbled upon some real gems. 

The most exciting of these items was the pair of slightly used (and I do mean slightly! I think that whoever had these before used them for 3o days or less-- they're slightly broken in, but not fully packed out!) Lange ski boots in size 22.5 (perfect for me) that are mid-performance, non-race boots. Admittedly, since they aren't "high-performance" and are a little more comfortable than they should be for the first wear, I'll probably only get part of a season out of them, but I'll at least have a transitional boot and won't injure myself in the horrors I've been wearing, 'til I get fitted and/or feel like spending the money for some really good, new ones. 

What are the odds of this happening? Very slim. How lucky am I? very lucky. 

I wore them Saturday for my last day of skiing for the season....and it was wonderful. I felt as if my foot was right on the snow. 

The lesson? Sometimes you come across something really lucky at Goodwill. 

No comments: